Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Six Months


Evelyn is six months old today. I cannot believe it. All day long my mind has been flashing back to scenes from December 7, 2010. 8:10am: woke up & my water broke; 10:15am: on the way to the hospital & contractions started.......4:30pm: epidural. I don't think I will ever forget the events of that day (and if I do, I have the details written in my journal : ) I remember being so excited to finally know if we were having a boy or girl. I was finally going to see what my baby looked like. And Mike and I were FINALLY going to be parents! Oh, it was a magical day.





To say Evelyn has changed in the last month would be an understatement. We have definitely had a month of milestones.


First taste of rice cereal

She also sat up and rolled over for the first time this month--but I don't have pictures of those moments (what kind of mother am I?!)


She pulled herself up to sitting for the first time in the bath the other day. That was an exciting moment for both her and I. She tries to do it all the time now, but not always successfully.





She had her first bad hair day yesterday. She finally has enough hair for this to happen!



She is teething for the first time. Her favorite way to sooth is chewing on her blankies.



And she has officially started reaching for {E V E R Y T H I N G}. Nothing is safe from her curious little hands now. Not the computer, camera, plates of food, Amos...nothing. She wants it all. And when she gets a hold of it, it's in her mouth.

I am so grateful for a beautiful, adorable, healthy, smiley little, baby girl! She has made life an absolute joy. I would rather have countless sleepless nights, go deaf from the pitch of her scream, and go bald from her pulling out my hair than to never have had her in my life. I love her more than words can describe and thank God for her every day. Happy half birthday Evelyn Grace!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment