Thursday, November 17, 2011

"Mousey"

Move over Amos, Evelyn has a new best friend. I would like to introduce you to Mousey. Evelyn won't go any where with out him.

"Mousey" is actually a rat. He came with this finger puppet set from Ikea (thanks again Michele Luks for this awesome gift!). We're not sure why she has latched on to Mousey. I mean, out of all these cute and colorful little puppets she chose the pointy gray one? Maybe it's the tail? Maybe it's the fact that she can easily fit Mousey's head in her mouth? We're not sure. All we know is that if you try to take Mousey away - you know, for meal times or a bath - Evelyn throws a Fit (with a capital F).

Her attachment to Mousey seems to grow stronger every day. As soon as she hits the floor to play in the morning she quickly finds Mousey and their adventures together begin. For example, he gets to help her drink her bottle.

He gets to check out if there is anything fun to grab on the couch. There was nothing fun (i.e. remotes, cameras, phones, notebooks, computers) on the couch this morning. But they had each other and that seemed to be enough.

Mousey gets toted all over the house while Ev is crawling around. He has managed to escape being left behind in the toilet and other unpleasant places.

He doesn't seem to mind being smooshed all the time.

Here Mousey is enjoying story time.

MOUSEY!!!

I've even given up on trying to take Mousey away for nap time. We'll see if he's secure in her clutches when she wakes up. I hope you've enjoyed meeting our new friend!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this entry Nellie! =) Paxton has the SAME glow worm from his Antie Julie too! =) He is just like this about his cars. The good news is that they still have very short attention spans. As long as they are reunited after the nap and in the morning..he doesn't cry for long after we take the cars away. He used to let go of them in the crib and he'd roll onto it and wake up WAY early from his naps. >.< Not a happy Momma. So we started gettin' "real" about it and we put it down, I tell him once he can have it when he wakes up again. Most of the time he's kosher with it. About once a week he throws a fit. But, like I said. It doesn't last long. I LOVE those puppets. When the new SUPER Ikea opens in our 'hood I'll have to go find some! =)

    ReplyDelete